Floating lifts, the deep water solution. Perfect with floating docks
BoatPort floating lifts are the perfect companion for floating docks. They are ideal for deep water applications but can be used in as little as 4 to 8 feet of water (dependent on lift size). Hewitt BoatPorts are designed and sized for virtually every type of watercraft, including fishing boats, ski boats, pontoon boats and performance boats. There are even models specially designed for personal watercraft like Waverunners or Seadoos. Standard boat models come in a range of capacities from 2,000 lbs to 10,000 lbs. Models for pontoon boats range from 4,500 lbs to 8,000 lbs and PWC lifts are available in 1,200 lb and 2,400 lb sizes. Custom-built models are also available for larger craft, such as cruisers.
BoatPort lifts may be installed on almost any structurally sound aluminum, steel or wood floating dock that has an “L” or “U”-shaped configuration. There must be at least one walkway finger or pier extending down the side of the boat. The lift attaches to the dock at the front and is stabilized on one or both sides with a locking arm upright. When correctly installed, the lift is securely locked into the dock, and both float in unison. Lift and dock work together in rough water conditions to prevent undue stress on either structure. Lift operation requires access to a 115V AC receptacle. Optionally, a small portable generator may be used to power the pump lift or DC converter.
Your BoatPort lift includes an electric pump that raises and lowers the lift by changing the buoyancy of the flotation tanks. A simple turn of a lever is all it takes. The pump is housed in a water resistant poly enclosure with a key locking lid. The amount of time needed to fully raise the lift depends on the weight of the boat. In general, it takes approximately one minute per 1,000 pounds of boat weight.
BoatPort Floating Boat Lift Features
- Hot-dipped galvanized steel frames. 3/16″ thick, 2″ x 5″ structural steel tubing is used for all standard boat and pontoon models
- PWC lifts are constructed from 1/8″ thick, 2″ x 3″ rectangular tubing
- Frames are welded, not bolted, for greater strength and durability
- Heavy-duty, UV-protected polyethylene flotation tanks. 3/8″ to 1/2″ tapered wall thickness with structural ribs for added strength
- Top-mounted float tanks keep all metal parts and hardware completely out of the water in the lift’s raised position
- Adjustable, marine carpeted bunk systems
- Corrosion-resistant materials used throughout – suitable for both freshwater and saltwater applications
36″ Locking Arm Bumper
Non-scratch polyethylene bumper provides full-height protection for your boat. Specifically designed for use with the BoatPort locking arm.
Post-Mount Pump Motor
An alternative to the standard pump enclosure. May provide easier access for some installations and frees-up dock space.
Provides attachment points for a walkway along the sides of your lift. Available with waterproof, low weight planking that provides sure footing and easy access to your boat. Walkways mount directly to the lift and are submerged when the lift is in its down position.